Tuesday, December 8, 2009

One Week Down...

This first week has been quite a journey!
From a foggy, freaky surgery experience and a stressful adjustment period, to smoother sailing propped up in bed for days...  thrilled to see the initial pain issues behind me and a good amount of healing progress underway!

I still can't bear weight on the foot, but I can rest it flat on the ground now (in horror-shoe) for balance when needed. I have so much more movement but still get so fatigued after every hopping-out-of-bed adventure! I keep my leg elevated with an ice pack on my ankle - per the doc, it keeps the foot cool and has helped reduce swelling. It also just feels reeeeally good.

That said, I'm getting frustrated with not being able to get around, especially as I'm not improving with the crutches when I try. I think I get so anxious about not falling that my left side gets tensed up and fatigued trying to offset the right that I over-tire myself and get a little psyched out. It's pretty lame, I'm not proud of this. But I did just promise the receptionist I would NOT pass out at my appointment tomorrow to get the stitches out, so there's a goal... also tomorrow a friend is coming by with dinner and her new (crated) puppies. I'm not sure I'm up for it, but I think I need to force myself to give it a shot.

Speaking of, it's time to get downstairs and find some lunch, so I have to go put my game face on...

No comments:

Post a Comment