Saturday, December 5, 2009

Day Five: Frightening TV Choices

Moved back downstairs today, nice change of scenery and better cable access! (Which lead me to some very bad viewing choices, as I am now fully briefed on season one of RuPaul's Drag Race, a drag queen competition reality show. I'm blaming it on the drugs.).
The swelling seems to have gone down quite a bit in the last 24 hours which helps so much. The toe is more flexible (yes, I'm doing my range of motion exercises) and I'm more comfortable with slightly less elevation today as my leg keeps falling asleep. Last night the Vegas slot machine was cranking away - the muscle spasms jerking my toe down are bad; I hope they will slow down as I increase the rotation exercises. Or perhaps that's the cause, who knows. I know it's a sign of healing though, and it's less painful than the first few few nights so anything that I can call "progress" is good enough for me.

Started off the day downstairs with a shampoo in the kitchen - luxury! It was easy to do by standing on my left leg and resting my right up on a stool and just leaning over the giant sink.

Here's a photo of my nurse Angus, he takes great care of me...

No comments:

Post a Comment