Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Day Two: Ouch Baby, Very Ouch

As my favorite fellow Austin Powers would say, "Ouch baby, very ouch!"
The nerve block started wearing off overnight, and by 3am I could feel every inch of my foot. I could practically visualize each thing Dr. N said he'd repaired. As the kids say, O M G. I'm taking Vicodin closer to every 3 hours to keep up with the pain. I asked my husband to do the honors of the manual rotation exercises of the toe that I was supposed to start today as I just couldn't muster it myself. I've hopped the few feet from the bed to the bathroom three times today, and it takes at least a half an hour to recover from each. The pain is pretty bad. I try to humor myself with some "THANK YOU SIR MAY I HAVE ANOTHER" cheers, or bury myself in "Bejeweled" on my iPhone, but I can't prove it's doing anything either way. However, I know things are as they are supposed to be. I'm just getting through it. Ouch.
I am grateful my husband stayed home with me today, I'm sure I would have overdone it or had a problem had I been home alone, as proven within 2 minutes of him leaving the house this evening when I almost wiped out trying to hop to the bookshelf five feet away. I'm staying put for as long as I can.

This evening got a call from Dr. N's office, he would like to see me tomorrow to change the dressing instead of waiting until Monday as originally scheduled. I'm not sure I'm up for it, but it's the next step and I don't have to look, right? I'm also going to ask about the pain meds just to be sure. Okay, I admit it, I'm pretty nervous about the appt. tomorrow. In the meantime, here's how we're looking today!

No comments:

Post a Comment